When you are planning a picnic or picnic party, there are a few things that you MUST have. Napkins, cups, and plastic cutlery are absolute essentials to every picnic. I have come up with a way to jazz up these items to make your picnic extra special.
- Forks, knives, spoons
- Double sided tape or craft glue
1. Let’s start with the napkins. I found some brightly patterned napkins at an Easter Sale that I thought would be perfect for my picnic. Fold your napkin around the cutlery and tie some ribbon in a knot to keep it in place. I used White RABOM Iridescence.
2. Apparently I need to go shopping because all I could find in my pantry were plastic knives. Plastic forks and spoons are a great excuse to go shopping You could also tie your ribbon into a bow if you would like.
3. Continue wrapping and tying until you have your desired number of napkin sets.
4. Now it’s time for the cups. I used 1.5″ White Double Ruffle ribbon and layered a 5/8″ solid grosgrain down the middle to coordinate with my napkins. Layer the solid grosgrain down the middle of the double ruffle ribbon with some double sided tape or glue. Wrap and adhere the layered ribbon around the cup to add a pop of color.
5. I used a different color of solid grosgrain on each cup so that no one would get their cups mixed up.
Now your are almost ready to have a great picnic. Check back next week for a couple other items that will make your picnic an experience to remember!