You can use this DIY Turkey Applique to add a festive flair to all kinds of decorations and accessories. You could glue it to a place mat, attach it to an alligator clip, or even put it on a napkin ring. Let me show you how to assemble this super cute – and easy – turkey applique.
- 1 inch coffee felt circle
- 1.5 inch coffee felt circle
- 3/8″ ribbon of choice
- hot glue gun
1. We will begin by cutting the 3/8″ ribbon into the appropriate lengths. Here’s the measurements I used for my turkey:
Two 2.5″ pieces of Orange Colour Shimmer
Two 2.5″ pieces of Red Double Ruffle
One 3″ piece of Yellow Gold Solid Grosgrain
2. Now we have all of our supplies ready. Form your piece of orange colour shimmer ribbon into a loop and glue it about 1/3 of the way up your 1.5″ felt circle.
3. Repeat with the other orange colour shimmer on the other side of the felt circle to mirror the first loop.
4. Repeat this process with the remaining ribbons until you have completed your turkey body and tail.
5. Flip the turkey body over and glue the 1″ felt circle to the top of the 1.5″ felt circle. Now you have completed your turkey!
You could take a fabric marker and add a cute face to your new applique. Have fun making these turkeys and using them to add extra pizazz to your Thanksgiving decorations!