Ghost Trick or Treat Bucket
Are you and your kids getting excited about Halloween?
Do you need a new, festive bucket for your trick or treating adventures?
This is the perfect craft to get you and the kids ready for a fun night of trick or treating.
- Paint can or other bucket container
- White paper or paint
- White tulle
- Hot glue gun
- Black fabric or paper
- 3/8″ ribbon for handle
- Double sided tape
1. Begin by wrapping your paint can in white paper or painting it white so that the silver can won’t show through the tulle. You can skip this step if your bucket is already white or clear. Next, you need to cut your strips of tulle. My paint can is 7.5″ tall, so the length of your strips may vary from mine. Here’s what I needed for the paint can: 20-18″ long strips, 4-8″ long strips.
2. Line the top edge of your container with double sided tape. Adhere your four 8″ strips along the top of the paint can(the 6″ side should be touching the top of the can). This should create a “base layer” of tulle for your ghost.
3. Tie a knot in the center of all of your 18″ tulle strips.
4. Glue your tulle knots to the top of the paint can so that the tails hang down. Continue this around the entire top of the container.
5. Your paint can is starting to look a little ghostly I wrapped my handle with Black RABOM Iridescence to add a little extra flair to my bucket.
6. Now it’s time for a face. Cut a ghost face out of black fabric or paper. I cut two small circles and one larger “oval” out of black fleece. Glue your face pieces onto the tulle that is on the front of the paint can.
Now your bucket is ready for some candy!
You could use this same method to make a Pumpkin Trick or Treat Bucket as well. Use orange tulle instead of white, and wrap the handle in apple solid grosgrain. It would be fun to cut out different scary jack-o-lantern faces.
Have fun making your very own Trick or Treat Buckets!
Click here to purchase a Paint Can Kit
Featured in the Skip to My Lou link party