I love the classic look of this headband. It goes so well with the argyle sweaters you see all over. You could choose colors to match your sweater.
1” plastic headband
⅜” ribbon in colors of your choice
Hot glue gun
1. Cut your ribbon into 4 pieces that are about 40” long. Decide which color(s) you would like to be the inside diamond. I only used two colors for my headband. I picked hot pink to be the inside diamond and taupe to be the outside triangles.
2. Hot glue one inside ribbon to one outside ribbon. Repeat with the other pair of ribbons.
3. Hold the headband upside down and hold one pair of the ribbons on an angle to the inside of the headband. Make sure the inside color is angled up and apply the ribbon to the headband with a dot of hot glue. Repeat with the other pair of ribbons by applying them on the outside of the headband to the opposing angle so that the two pairs create an “X”.
4. You have two left ribbons and two right ribbons. Fold down the upper left ribbon over the front seam and secure it with a dot of glue.
Fold down the upper right ribbon over the back seam and secure it as well. Now you are at your starting position. Hold the headband upside down and make sure to work from the outside of the headband. You should have two right ribbons and two left ribbons.
9. Now you are back to the starting position. Repeat steps 5-8 until you reach the end of the headband. You will need to fold all the ribbons flat against the head and don’t let them twist. I used an alligator clip to hold my ribbon in place as I continued to weave because you don’t want any gaps.
11. Continue with steps 7 and 8 and glue those ribbons down as well. Trim the extra ribbon and seal the ends. You can also tuck in the ends and glue in place to make a finished look.
Your woven headband is now complete.
Using 4 ribbons of the same color create a great subtle effect like the white example above.
This headband uses 4 different colors to create an entirely new look.
Have fun experimenting with different color combinations.
Hey! Another great gift idea!