These ribbon cuffs are so easy to make, and you probably have all of the supplies on hand(that means this is a “free” project). This is a great craft for both kids and adults to make, so this project is perfect for a mother-daughter craft party. Lets get started!
- Cardboard tube from toilet paper, paper towels, wrapping paper, etc.
- Ribbon of choice
- Adhesive of choice-double sided tape, craft glue, hot glue
- Beads or other embellishments
1. Cut a section off of the cardboard tube that’s about 2 inches wide. Cut an opening in the section so that your cuff can easily be placed on your wrist.
2. I used 7/8″ double ruffle ribbon for my cuff, but you can use ANY ribbon for your cuff. You could pick multiple ribbons and make many different cuffs(one for every outfit ), or you can combine a couple different ribbons for one cuff. Start out by securing the end of your ribbon to the back of one end of the cuff with your desired adhesive. Make sure that the ribbon hangs off the edge of the cuff a little to hide the cardboard.
3. Begin wrapping your ribbon around the cardboard cuff. I overlapped each ruffle as I wrapped keeping the ribbon on the front of the cuff straight(that creates angled lines on the back of the cuff).
Front of Cuff
Back of Cuff
4. Continue wrapping the ribbon until you reach the end of the cuff making sure to leave a little bit hanging over the edge to hide the cardboard. Secure the end of the ribbon to the back of the cuff with double sided tape or glue. At this time you could add a little bling to your cuff with some beads and gems. I didn’t add any extra embellishments to my cuff because I wanted the ruffles to stand out. You could be finished at this point, but I added one more element to my cuff. I cut two 6″ pieces of 3/8″ ribbon and attached them to each side of the cuff. I tied them in a bow so that my cuff won’t slip off.
Now you are finished! Enjoy making this fun, simple craft for all of your friends.