Bottle Cap Push Pins
Are you tired of the boring push pins holding all of your posters and calendars to the wall? Well I have the perfect craft for you! The decorating options are unlimited with this project, so get those creative juices flowing and let’s get started.
- Bottle caps
- Push pins
- Epoxy dots
- Bottle cap images
- Bottle cap image punch or scissors
- Paint pen(optional)
- Strong glue such as super glue or E-6000
- Dimensional Magic
1. Start out by choosing your bottle cap images. You can find a large variety of bottle cap images all over the internet. Using a bottle cap image punch or scissors, punch/trim your image from your sheet of paper. The circle punches can be found in the scrapbooking section of most craft stores.
2. Apply a small amount of Dimensional Magic to the top of your bottle cap. Place your image on top of the bottle cap and give it a few minutes to dry.
3. Carefully remove your epoxy dot from it’s sheet making sure not to touch the bottom of the dot.
4. Place the epoxy dot over the image lining it up with the edge of the bottle cap. Now you have a nice, polished appearance for your bottle cap.
5. Turn your bottle cap over and place a small dot of E-6000 or other strong glue on the center of the bottle cap. Place the head of the push pin on the glue and give it a few hours to dry.
6. There are many other ways to decorate the bottle cap besides using an image and epoxy dot. You can glue an applique or resin to the bottle cap for a more three dimensional effect, or you could customize them even more by getting a paint pen and drawing you own designs. It may even be fun to write a letter on each bottle cap to spell out your name.
Don’t limit your new bottle cap push pins to just holding up calendars and posters. These are great for organizing jewelry, or they can even be used as a decoration on their own. These are addictive so be ready to make a bunch of them. Have fun making this easy craft, and check back later this week for another bottle cap craft!
Click here to purchase bottle caps