This is my favorite DIY yet. Lynda and I had such a blast making the RABOM Thankful Tree. We had the whole company in on this one by asking everyone to write down what they are thankful for. What better way to start meaningful conversation?
You will need the following:
- Old Coffee Mug
- Gold Spray Paint
- Sticks, Twigs (whatever you can find on the ground)
- Card Stock or thick construction paper
- RABOM Washi Tape
- RABOM Baker’s Twine
- Hole punch (we used an adorable star hold punch)
Let’s Make This Thing:
1. Spray paint your mug and sticks. We used one coat on the sticks and two coats on the mug.
2. While your sticks and mug are drying, start to decorate your card stock with washi tape. Be sure to leave a spot for writing. (Some people are thankful for a whole lot!)
3. Punch holes in the top right or left corners of your tags.
4. Cut your baker’s twine into 8 inch snippets and thread it through your tags.
5. Here is the fun part. Pass out tags among friends, family and coworkers and have them write down what they are most thankful for this year.
6. Add marbles, rice or beans to your mug. Arrange your sticks and tie on tags.
That’s it! You have an adorable thankful tree that can be enjoyed all holiday season.
Tips: Spray paint outside and with the direction of the wind. Otherwise you’ll be “goldfinger” for the rest of the day.
I hope you have as much fun with this DIY as Lnyda and I! Let us know what you are thankful for this holiday season! Happy Thanksgiving!!